“Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha
The journey continues…
Now that you’ve spent a bit of time getting to understand and appreciate the differences between your self and your Self, how are you doing with the new knowledge? Are you talking to your Self more frequently? Maybe even feeling like you’re harboring a sweet, little secret no one knows about? Do you see yourself differently than you did only one month ago? Stronger? Clearer? More intentional?
Today we’ll be stopping for an authentic dig at the excavation site known as “You”. As you begin to brush away the sands from ages past and carefully exhume parts of yourself you might not have been aware of before, here are a few things to be alert to.
While it might appear obvious and superficial, the “you” you are trying to find is the authentic you and the first identifiers you’ll most likely recognize will be things like your dental structure, fingerprints and signature. Physical finds. All uniquely yours and only yours. There will never be another you.
The more precious jewels you’ll be looking for, however, are those of a spiritual nature…the invisible…the harder to find, harder to see parts of you that are even more priceless than the gold or silver found in your teeth. These would be your Light, your Truth, your intuitive Knowing. Your gifts, your talents. All equally as signature to you as your handwriting.
When searching for your authentic Self, these are important to know because WHAT you are is your physical body parts, but WHO you are is all Spirit. It’s the life force within you that commands and controls your body to do, or act, or behave in certain ways.
Your Authentic Self is you at your deepest, most honest level. Directed by a Power greater than yourself, whose aim is good, and whose passions are Guided.
How do you find your Authentic Self? By the sense of your feelings. You will be in touch when you feel “the spirit move within you”. Let me give you some examples.
- How do you feel after you’ve given someone a gift they absolutely adored?
- How do you feel after successfully accomplishing a difficult task?
- What do you experience inside when you’ve reached out and helped someone in need?
- What does it feel like to be lost in your art or your music or your life’s work?
- What happens emotionally to you when you experience romantic or creative passion? What do your insides feel like?
Paying attention to what “moves” you will help identify your authenticity. How? Your Self will dance with delight or sometimes be moved to shed tears but either way, you will Know because you will feel it. It is in this Knowing that you begin to uncover your personal and Spiritual Self. And the signature of your Spiritual Self contains a Power far greater than physical human minds can comprehend. Once you discover this…your life will positively transform!
- Write down the top five experiences which have made you feel the happiest.
- Meditate on why they made you feel happy and realize feelings do not contain physical properties. They come from a Higher form.
- Pause, for a moment, and think about the limitlessness of your Spiritual Self as compared to the limitedness of your physical self. Are you tending to your Spiritual needs enough?
- During the most frightening, critical, painful times in your life, haven’t you turned towards your Spiritual Self for answers?
- Would you be willing to share a few of your thoughts today? Hearing from you is important to all of us! Write as much as you’d like in the comment section below!
Friends for the journey,
“Your mind is the center of Divine operations. Keep your hand firmly upon the helm of thought.” ~ Thomas Troward and James Allen respectively.